Thursday, January 21, 2016

Romantic Shabby Fabric Flowers



Sometimes I get so caught up in painting that I forget how much I love the little crafty projects too!


Earlier this month I shared that I recently came into a great deal of beautiful fabric.  I wasn't sure what I would do with it all but I knew I couldn't pass it up.  For weeks I have been enjoying it, just propped up in the corner of my dining room.

(Photo via Rachel Ashwell, Shabby Chic)

In the fabric post I also shared that for Christmas I received a couple of Rachel Ashwell's latest books that I had been missing from my collection.  I was so inspired by Rachel's fabric flower brooches, not just for wearing but for dressing up pillows, lampshades and adding a bit of vintage romance to the home.


I decided to put some of that fabric to use and ended up creating several fabric flowers, adding a bit of tulle and a vintage earring or grouping of pearls to the center of each.


I am still smitten with my dress form and have no plans of selling her anytime soon, but she is revisiting my booth at Camas Antiques at the moment as she displays the flower pins and corsages so beautifully!  I wrapped a piece of wire in tulle and pinned the flowers to it for display.  Now my pretty dress form is all dolled up for Valentine's Day!


I brought a bunch of new found treasures into my booth last night!  It ended up being a very late night of fluffing, rearranging, tagging inventory, and of course visiting with sweet dealer friends.


I have to say, I am loving my flower draped form next to my pink wardrobe full of lacy frocks!


Will there be more fabric flower making in my future?  We shall see!  They are sure fun and easy to make and I certainly have enough fabric to work with, but there are always a million other projects on the table.  And today the table is covered with a paint splattered drop cloth!  

Back to painting!

Thank you for your sweet visit today!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda



Sharing With:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
What's it Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants