Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tips for Drying Roses

 
I love using dried roses in my Fall crafts and décor.
 
 
The actual process of drying them is a lot of fun too.  I have found that certain varieties of roses dry a little better than others.
 
 
I have the best luck with my Bonica rose...it grows in clusters of small pink blossoms.  I pick the buds that have not yet fully opened.
 
 
Picking them early in the morning is best, and after a couple of sunny, dry days so that there is no moisture trapped between the petals.
 
 
I like to bundle my perfect little pink buds into pretty bouquets and hang them where I can enjoy them as they dry.  Finding a dry spot, out of direct sunlight is important.  Within a couple of weeks, I have sweet little dark burgundy rose buds that will last and last!
 
How about you?  Do you dry roses from your garden?  Do you dry any other varieties of flowers?
 
Thank you for your sweet visit today!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
 Sharing at: