Sunday, February 6, 2011

Come Shop the Junk Salvation Flea With Me!

 
As promised, I am taking you all along with me to a truly magical vintage show where the Funky Junk Sisters have brought together the best dealers of the Northwest to wow us all with their gorgeous displays and sweet treasures!  Show starts at 8am, so we've got an early morning ahead of us!  Are you wearing comfy shoes?  Did you remember your treasure packing tote bag and a big ole wad of cash (hey, this is dream shopping...go ahead and drain your bank account ;)  First stop, Starbucks for a caffeine fix! 


We'll take that to go please...we're on a mission here!  It's a bit of a drive, but that's okay...we'll use the time in the car to share what we're hoping to find today to cozy up our cottages!  I am on the lookout for the perfect coffee table for my living room and sweet old picnic baskets for stacking and storing fabrics.  How about you?  Just pulled up to the Washington Co. fairgrounds!  This place is hopping with happy treasure hunters!  Here we go...have fun!  Take your time soaking in all the shabby, vintage loveliness!   There's no hurry...we have all day!

Check out this lovely row of blue chairs with skirted covers and Frenchy pillows that greet us as we walk in the door!


A cherried out vintage style camp trailer!  What a treat!



Must stop for a photo with the sweetest gals ever...Amanda and Lila of Apron Strings Productions!  Their space looks amazing and what's that?  The perfect little picnic basket!  Just what I was looking for!


Spring blooms, for real?  Yup!  They are popping up everywhere in here...it's magical!




Isabel of Maison Douce is here working her own kind of magic!  Gorgeous!






Oh yes, it's Lisa with A Thing for Roses!  I muster up the courage to introduce myself and say hello!  She is absolutely the sweetest!


We see several of these throughout the show...aren't they cool?




Okay, hard to tell in this photo but that pillow has an Eiffel Tower on it made up entirely of vintage buttons!


The cutest little gal makes these gorgeous bags.  I over hear her say that she is an upholsterer and makes these from her scraps!  I am pretty sure she made the Eiffel Tower pillow as well.  I wish I could chat with her and get her name to share with you but she is surrounded by women gushing over her creations!


Hey, here's Christa with Chloe Rose Designs.  She is pretty in pink today and her booth is packed full of the loveliest treasures!


The Funky Junk Sisters have set up a lovely display and here are those sweet paper roses they mentioned on their blog!  Linda and Dixie are walking about visiting with shoppers and make us all feel so welcome! 


What a pleasure it is to meet Kathleen of Faded Charm!  Please tell me you link up to White Wednesday each week!  It is one of my most favorite blog parties!  Kathleen's young daughter is here helping today and the two of them have set up one show stopping display!









Oh my!  This little spot is just so dreamy...I can't seem to pull myself away!  If you lose me today, you will most likely find me sitting here...just dreaming!

How yummy is the inside of this cozy camp trailer?  Guess what?  It's for sale!


Now this is my kind of camping!




There must be a wall in my home meant for this gorgeous painting!  It even has a sweet little bird in it!


As always, Tracy at A Cottage Industry has set up the coziest display and the sweetest furniture pieces are leaving her space left and right!  She and Clark have obviously worked very hard to make this spot special and shoppers are literally flocking to it!


There goes a chandelier!  It is unlikely that anything will be left here by the end of the day!  Everyone loves Tracy and Clark's treasures and they are such fun to chat with!  I could hang out here all day!
So, how did you do on your treasure hunt?  I think I bought at least one sweet item from each of these photos (just dreaming!)  I hope you had as much fun as I did!  I sure met some lovely, amazingly talented people!  As my little boy would say..."Best day ever!"  Thank you so much for joining me!  Let's do it again soon!  I hope you'll visit the blogs of some of the wonderful dealers we met today!

Truthfully I came away with just one picnic basket and now looking back at the photos I am wondering what the heck is wrong with me?  How did I pass up so many awesome finds?  I think I was just too caught up in the splendor of it all!  And I suppose I was trying to be practical, thrifty and stick to my "list."  I know, what's the fun in that?  Well, I did have fun...a lot of fun!  And I am so inspired!  Aren't you?

Linking up to Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday!

Best Wishes and Blessings to you!
Amanda